Last night Aidan's Nana came to visit to help Mommy and Daddy get ready for the trip to Houston. He was so excited when she came in, he ran to her with a big smile as if he'd just seen her yesterday! Of course, he did stay with her for 4 days in October so it makes sense that he'd remember her-- I just have never seen him run to someone like that before. This morning he cried when I tried to take him from her so that she could shower. That's NEVER happened-- not even with Daddy! He's always eager to go to Mommy.
Every time we show Aidan any picture of Rebecca he says, "Becca!" We hope that he generalizes to her when he sees her tomorrow. Also, he's been doing the signs for Daddy and Grandpa, so both Jason and Lenny ought to be excited about that! Last night he did the sign for book, asking Nana to read a book to him. So not only is he signing, he's using it to get his needs/wants met. We recently bought a portable DVD player to take on the plane, so he'll be practicing signs all the way to Houston tomorrow night.
I hope to keep up the blog while we're gone, assuming there will be an available computer nearby. We're looking forward to Santa coming to Aunt Cassie's house (he's previously never visited) but we've made arrangements for Santa to be conservative, since we'll have to get his stuff home somehow. Luckily, Santa knows that clothes and smallish toys are in order for our situation.
Aidan had a hard time sleeping last night, he still has a little cough and a lot of snot! We've kept him out of daycare all week but he must have picked something up over the weekend because he's increasingly more snotty every day. Hopefully he'll be getting over it before our trip, we don't want Rebecca getting sick from him again! Nana has offered to keep him for us while we go to Houston (since he's ill) but I assured her that the Houston crowd would rather have him sick than not have him at all!
Well, I'd better get to work if I'm going to get anything done before we leave town.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment