For the overview, Ohio went well, St. Louis not so well, and I'm staring down Texas. Feeling sort of tired. I'm glad Jason will be with me in Texas.
Aidan is out of school for Rosh Hashanah today and tomorrow, so we've been having a good time. Although I'm feeling a little stressed about the dissertation and my upcoming trips, I also love having this time with him. I really missed him last weekend. Having it all really sucks sometimes. Professional mommies forget to tell you that until after you are in the club.
The rest of the high holy days are among us, so we'll have several more weeks where he'll be home with me for a day or two. Oh, how he enjoys being out of school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, as Mommy and Daddy are @ Texas Tech (of all places...), Nana is with Aidan. We are having a great time. The first day (Wed) was interesting as he was working thru his excitement of being away from Mom and Dad. We have been to Walmart EVERY day. We have played ball at two ball fields and in the back yard. We have had a busy, busy time.
Today (Sat) we went to a fund raiser which was for special needs/handicapped. He talked to one boy in a wheel chair and met some down syndrome children. It was interesting to see his reaction. I was so proud as he talked to them, shook thier hands or gave a high five. If everyone could accept them so well. I want Aidan to know these children are not less fortunate than we are but it is us that would be less fortunate if we did not know them.
We rode on a hay ride. He rode a horse..(big horse, I thought it would be a pony.) He did great. He jumped and played in a blow up thingy (many times), he slid down the huge blow up slide (many times.) We went to the petting zoo, checked out the dogs that were there for adoption. (Big, but sweet dogs.) We saw kittens. The clown's made him a 'doggy' out of a balloon. It was a very hot day but that smile on his face was priceless.
So, tomorrow he will be happy to see Mom and Dad. It has been an adventure but I am sure he will be ready to get back to his own routine. He will have many things to talk about. As in the past, I am sure I will be in trouble for a few little things. BUT! I have not given him any candy!! Yeah me.
So, until Oct 2 and 3 when I go to Lexington to 'help out' once more, I will be leaving Aidan in thier care. I only ask one question: What will next year bring?
(Aidan's) Nana
Post a Comment