Our Mother's Day was a lot of fun, I really enjoy being in charge and my boys did everything I asked all day. After church we purchased flowers for the yard, something that Jason rarely allows because he feels they are too much work. Aidan helped dig around in the dirt and prepare the flowers that we would later plant. I chose mostly Zinnias because that was our wedding flower and so Jason and I both have an affinity for them.
Aidan appears to now have a good sense of right and wrong, which he is illustrating pretty regularly. Yesterday we were having some disagreements over his general behavior. He got tired of watching Jason and me work outside on the flowers, pool, dog, etc. and kept asking for us to play with him inside (only child syndrome). When we explained that we were very busy, he decided to just stay in the way, which led to our discussions regarding his general demeanor. But, of course, nothing serious. Just lack of cooperation.
Later in the day Aidan almost broke a figurine while he was playing with his dinosaurs. Even though I got onto him in almost exactly the same tone and manner as earlier in the day, he seemed to register that the later behavior was more inappropriate than the prior behavior. In fact, after dinner he spontaneously said to me, "Mommy, I'm sorry I almost broke your thing when I was playing but the living room is a really good place to fight dinosaurs." It's just as if he knows the difference between annoying behavior and bad behavior. Plus he was able to communicate his regret. What a good boy he's become!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment