Sunday, January 15, 2006

For the Love of the Game

I've been working a lot, so Aidan has been spending a lot of time with Daddy and they have been having a great time. Yesterday before I left for work the two were watching the UK/Alabama game and I heard Aidan cheer and clap for a player who got a basket (he's imitating our cheers and claps for him when he gets a basket). Then I heard Jason say, "No, Aidan! That's the wrong team!" This is apparent proof that Kentucky basketball is not innate. Of course, he's only 1/2 Kentuckian, so he might only slightly bleed blue. It was extremely easy to convert his daddy, so it shouldn't be difficult to train him into the state religion. It's just a matter of time.

Jason tells me that Aidan's favorite new food is oranges and that he ate 1 1/2 oranges yesterday for snack. This morning he ate another 3/4 of an orange for breakfast. He also signed "apple" and Jason was taken aback by it since he's never done that before and we didn't have any apples in the house. He must have seen it on his video.

No comments: