Our weekend was busy but fun. We went to Louisville to visit Amy and Craig and while we were there partied at Beth and Randy's new house, where we saw lots of people that we hadn't seen in a long time. It was so much fun! Then Sunday we went to church with Amy and Craig followed by brunch with the Prathers. We finally got to meet Olivia, we've been sad about not ever seeing her! Aidan wasn't very nice to her but soon she'll be big enough to push him down, so we're just waiting for that day.
I continue to be amazed at his development on a daily basis. He's getting very skilled at repeating two syllable words now. I first noticed it with the word "turkey" which he repeated so clearly that I thought it was Jason babytalking. Granted, he doesn't always do so well even with one syllable words, but the fact that he can once in a while clearly repeat two syllables is so much more than his previous ability.
I've also noticed that bathtime has changed significantly. It used to be strictly cleaning, then went to watching the ducks in the water, and now has graduated to games like "how many ducks can ride on the boat until it sinks." He engages in lots of spatial development play nowadays and is really "getting" the concept of playing with his toys. Last night he was learning how to snap together the big toddler legos but he enjoys taking them apart more than putting them together.
This morning we got off to a late start. After all, it is Monday. I decided to wash my hair and face instead of shower (this never would have been a possibility pre-motherhood). Aidan "helped" me wash my hair. I was bent over the tub and he was rubbing my head with his toy while I washed. Very helpful, I might add. Afterward we brushed our teeth together. He stands on his potty with his toothbrush and mostly sucks the water off of the brush. He is insistent on doing it himself and when I try to help he gets very upset so I just let him do it. I realize that he isn't doing a great job but my hope is that by the time he's 2 he'll be better at it or more open to help. I've decided not to push him into letting me help because it's likely to result in his not liking to brush his teeth in the long run. It's difficult sometimes to be patient with these things. I keep reminding myself that it's give and take in the short run in order to develop good habits in the long run free of hang ups!
Overall, things are good and the week seems to be getting off to a good start. Tonight Aidan gets new shoes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment