Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Gearing Up for the Week

We're very excited about all of the impending excitement surrounding Aidan's birthday! Last night I asked him if he knew who was going to visit today and he shouted out, "Becca!" This morning before school I told him that after school today he'll get to see both Nana and Becca and he smiled really big. We have so much to do this week to get ready for everyone that I will be cutting my day short to go home to work on my slipcovers.

Yesterday Aidan and I were late getting to school and we caught the assistant teacher having a particularly difficult moment. I was not so happy with her attitude and her approach to the children, so I had a talk with the head teacher and the assistant director. I think they are taking care of it but I made it clear that we don't physically handle Aidan when we are angry and the way she was handling one child in the classroom made me very uncomfortable. I think they are handling it well. I realize everyone has a bad day here and there, but she was out of line. I'm still not very happy with the situation but I feel pretty confident that it's being handled correctly. Ugh, childcare!

Well, bare with me this week on the blog. I may not have much time to write about all of our adventures but I'll try to type out a few things once in a while so that I don't have to try to remember everything on Monday. We're so looking forward to seeing everyone!

No comments: