Last night we grabbed some dinner from KFC and then met Jay, Kim, and Ruby at the park. It was a lot of fun. After we ate Aidan played ball and ran around with his daddy and Jay while Kim, Ruby, and I hung out on the blankets. We've gone to that park to picnic a few times and now we have our little spot where we hang out. Lots of shade and we can see the lake from there. We stayed so late that it was starting to get dark. Poor little Ruby was drifting off to sleep. Aidan had worked up an appetite. He ate a pretty good dinner but ate again on the way home. He slept pretty well but was up at 5 AM asking for food. I guess we just have to bite the bullet and accept the fact that 5 AM is his wake-up time. This is something we'll have to talk about!
We had a pretty good morning once I was up and Jason was off to work. Aidan watched Nemo and then Mickey Mouse cartoons while he neglected his pop tart. He wasn't into food at 8:30 the way he was at 5. When he got tired of watching tv he came into the bathroom with me. Mostly to harass me but I managed to interest him in a little toothbrushing and hair combing. Those activities are always followed by a little water play in the sink. He asked me to play with him and we played with Mr. Potato Head. He began to play well by himself, so I exited to get things ready for our departure. I heard some crashes and peculiar noises coming from his room but nothing alarming. When I finally went back to herd him toward the car I saw that he had emptied all of the Potato Head parts onto his bed and was throwing them around. I asked for his help to put them back in the bucket. As he picked them up some fell behind the bed. Others were under the sheets. Then he started to throw them across the room. I raised my voice a little to let him know my disapproval and he just calmly said, "Sorry, Mr. Potato Head." Then he'd do it again followed by another, "Sorry, Mr. Potato Head." It was actually pretty cute but I couldn't let him know that!
When I dropped him at school the class was on the playground. He was excited about playing outside but became a little hesitant when all the little girls ran over to greet him. I know he likes this one little boy, Elijah, so I said, "Look Aidan! Elijah is playing over there!" He immediately ran over and started chasing Elijah. When I left they were chasing and tackling each other to the ground. He was pretty happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment