Friday, December 21, 2007

Could I Get Some Communication Over Here?

When Jason told me Aidan would do fine at the dentist, he went on and on about how great things went the last time and how impressive Aidan was in the chair. Jason did say that Aidan had issues with the chair because it tilts back so far that his head is a little upside down, but I was ready for that. I just reminded Aidan on the way in there that the chair was upside down and then we laughed about it. So no problem on the chair. And from what Jason told me, this would be the only issue. The chair.

I was fairly unhappy with the rest of the visit and last night after Aidan went to bed I told Jason all about it. As I started giving the series of events, Jason began giving me details of his visit like, "Oh yeah, you needed to stand up next to him and hold his hand." Hmmm, that wasn't told to me. When I went into the room I just asked the assistant and she told me to sit in the chair in the corner. So I wasn't holding Aidan's hand or patting him. Since the lady told me to sit across the room, I assumed that it was part of the drill. I tell Jason this and he looks totally shocked and begins to tell me how I should've helped him and reassured him. "Well, gee, Jason. I guess I would have if you had given me the real low down on what needed to be done and on what Aidan would need."

And it proceeded from there. One instance after another, Jason told me about the therapy he gave Aidan while the dentist worked on his teeth at the last visit. Again, information I could have used!

1 comment:

token said...

I want to know about this dental chair therapy, too.

How was Aidan's xmas?

Did you get the pics I sent to your phone?