Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Wonder of the Holidays

Yesterday it was getting yucky out and I was leaving the library to go back to the office at 3, and I decided to blow off the rest of the day and pick Aidan up early. Jason was going out to look for tile after work and since Aidan and I had nothing to do, we went out to the mall to check out the holiday happenings. We peeked at Santa from the sidelines but Aidan wasn't really interested in visiting him. Besides, Santa will be at Jason's company party on Sunday handing out gifts.

We looked at lots of stuff but bought nothing. Aidan really enjoyed the Disney Store, where he'd never before been. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed in their holiday spread. Aidan completely shocked me when he recognized and named the Build-A-Bear Workshop. He went right in, looked around at everything, walked over to the computer that was saying, "Push the green button." And then he started pushing buttons on the keyboard in the correct sequence as if he had done this a million times. I'm starting to think he might benefit from a toddler computer soon, but we'll hold off a bit.

Again tonight Jason is going shopping for tile and I'll be entertaining Aidan. I'm not sure what exactly we'll do tonight but I'm thinking we'll probably just go home and read some books or play with his toys. What he loves the very most is imaginative playing with Little People animals, building blocks, and reading Curious George. Any of those three will make him a very happy little boy.

No comments: