Saturday, April 05, 2008

Best Laid Plans!

Well, the house isn't finished, although we got a lot done so far. We hired a realtor and she suggested a few things that need to be done. The painter is coming Monday and (hopefully) will knock out the living room and Aidan's bedroom in a few days. Who knew that most home buyers would be turned off by bright red in a living room and blue/green trim in a kids' room? In addition to that, we've got a landscaper who can't put in bushes until it stops raining. And the realtor wants to see a walk put in the backyard from the gate to the back door because right now it's just muddy. There's a handful of other things, but once those things are done we can list it. May 30 gets nearer every day.

Jason is continuing to weigh his options for working from Lubbock. I'm getting more used to the idea that we will need a serious housekeeper or "mommy's helper" to do the bulk of the housework, some cooking, and transporting Aidan to/from school. I certainly don't want to hand over all of our time with Aidan to a nanny, so I'd prefer to hand over the housework instead. Plus I don't want someone living in my house, I'd prefer to hire someone who can come in everyday.

Aidan is doing well, although he's not so happy with our preoccupation with housework and moving. On top of all of it is the dissertation that looms in the mysterious beyond. He had a great week with his Nana and yesterday we had two of his old friends over to play for several hours. He just cannot understand why every minute can't be about playtime!

No comments: