Friday, March 28, 2008

Wrapping Up Our Week

For a few weeks Aidan has insisted on writing his own name in the sign-in log at school. He's getting better at it each day but he still needs for me to tell him which letters to write after "Ai." In fact, the "Ai" look darn near perfect but he seems to have a little trouble with the "d." Sometimes "d" comes out looking like "b" or "p" and often it looks like an upper case gamma (I have no idea why). His "N" is always upper case and darn near perfect except the exact mirror image. Given that he also has been known to draw numbers upside down, I cringe at the thought of dyslexia, but I'm quite certain that this is just another case of paranoia, as the Mayo Clinic says these reversals are common for children under six.

Daddy has been in New York City all week and Aidan and I are beginning to feel a little stressed. Jody and Jereme came in last night for a weekend visit and Jason will be back tonight, so you'd better believe I'm going to be taking a break from the house for a while tomorrow. Aidan is looking forward to Nana staying with him all next week for his spring break. We plan to have the house finished and on the market by next Thursday. The last wave of my data collection should begin the next week. Hopefully data collection and the house sale will be complete by the end of May. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: