Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Spring Is Upon Us

Aidan is loving the warm weather and we have gone to the park twice in the past several days. We alternate practicing baseball and playing on the playground. He's really excited about t-ball and has his first game on Saturday. Apparently the league is a little disorganized because we missed a practice on Saturday that we didn't know about and we have no idea if there's a practice this week. We heard through the grapevine that we're supposed to pick up uniforms on Thursday. I can't wait to see him in his uniform!

On the moving front, my dissertation is moving along. I have lots of appointments set up, so that's a start to getting as many volunteers as I can. Jason is working all of his angles in figuring out what he's going to do down in Lubbock. And, most of all, we're working hard to get the house ready to sell. A larger down payment means more options in Lubbock. Although Aidan tells me that he'd like to live close to his school so he can ride his bike to school each day. I have no idea what the neighborhood is like around his school, but I doubt that we want to limit ourselves that much! After all, one of the great things about private school is you can live anywhere in the city.

I think we are feeling the pains of being grown ups. Big jobs with big responsibilities. Big life changes. The idea of a major lifestyle change is scary. At least we'll finally know what it's like to have two incomes like everybody else!

1 comment:

token said...

send me game info!