Today we went out to the closing ceremonies for the Southwest Pony League. Aidan played with his friends on the playground and on all the big jumpy things. We stayed longer than we meant to, but had a good time hanging out with everyone. The boys got their trophies, which was Aidan's very first. He seems to like it a lot but it's clear he's not sure what to make of it.
The late afternoon was juggling work and Aidan. He's doing better at finding things to entertain himself. At times he played outside today while I worked on my laptop on the sun porch. He wasn't thrilled about having to play alone and I finally had to give in when he came in and climbed on top of my computer to sit in my lap. Jason was working upstairs, so he was no help at all.
No word on our house situation. I'd hoped someone would call to see our Lexington house this weekend but we've not heard anything. We got a contract on the Lubbock house but it's contingent on the seller's lender approving the short sale. I did some research on their mortgage company and my prediction is, based on the experiences of others that have been posted online by homeowners and investors alike, that the short sale with this company will not be approved. At least, it's very unlikely.
I've decided that we should sign the contract and let it ride. We don't really have much to lose and a ton to gain if this sale goes through. We'll have instant equity that we can put toward appliances and such. The house doesn't need much, but I know I'll want a few things if we get it. The possibility of getting it at a discount makes it worth it. And I know that we could always sign a lease on an apartment at the very worst! I wonder how Aidan would feel about an apartment...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment