I was marveling this morning how well Aidan seems to be doing these days. Daddy is out of town this week on business, although he will be back in town briefly tonight and then leave again in the morning. Uncle Stevie is staying with us to help out and I was able to get quite a bit done yesterday while they played together in the backyard.
Aidan just seems rather happy to get up in the mornings and go off to summer camp for his daily adventure. When he was in his regular preschool, he often was clingy and sometimes difficult in the mornings. When I learned that his preschool had canceled their summer program, I was worried that putting him in a summer camp and then moving him to a new school in Texas would just be too much change for him. Of course, it helped that he knows some of the kids at summer camp.
But then this morning he said, "Do you remember that frog at my school that you push the back of it with your finger and it hops?" I had to think for a second because I wasn't sure where he meant. At the school in Texas the woman who interviewed and assessed us showed Aidan a plastic frog that you had to manipulate to get it to hop. (I think it was part of her intellectual assessment of Aidan, give that she also asked him if he could find a green witch in her office.) And when he referred to it he called it "my school."
Apparently he's adjusting a little better than we thought. On the house front, we heard today that the Lubbock sellers are apparently completing a short sell, which means they worked something out with the bank to sell short and keep themselves out of foreclosure. The bank is evaluating our low offer (10% lower than the asking price) and we should know something soon. Now, if our Lexington realtor doesn't put a sign in our yard soon, I will do it myself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment