We had a great Christmas hosting Nana and Uncle Stevie. I was still wrestling with my final dissertation paperwork until last Friday, so I was in no position to have any shopping or plans completed. It came and went, however, and we still have some gifts to send! Luckily, everyone has been pretty understanding. Aidan says it would have been a perfect holiday if Rebecca had been here, as everything else was exactly as he liked.
Aidan got lots of things, as you can see from the picture above. We pretty much buy him things all year, so we see no reason to go all out at the holidays. He got a few inexpensive things from us and when you add in what he got from everyone else and from Santa, he does pretty well. Today we cleaned out 20 toys from his playroom to make some space. I think Jason and I will be trying to talk him out of a few more by the time New Years rolls around.
Today Aidan enjoyed going to the gym (they have a really nice kid's facility where they have supervised play while we work out) and shortly we will be watching his new movie, Madagascar. Daddy finally replaced our broken DVD player today. It was the first time I ever heard him talk about after Christmas sales. I was a little shocked, but all we ended up with was a DVD player, so I think we're doing OK.
All in all, I'd say it was a good holiday. We ate too much, we probably gave Aidan too much stuff, and we barely got out of our pjs all day. When Aidan asked me if I liked Christmas I just told him that as long as he enjoyed it, I was happy too. And he smiled and said, "I did."
3 comments:
I think you need a bigger TEXAS like sized tree. I mean, that one just looks kinda puny in that huge room.
Do you ever get lost in the new house?
We all agree on the tree but we've yet to go out to get one. I have to say that I don't love the new house size. Everyone can be off doing their own thing and it gets a little lonely. Jason really likes it b/c he's there all day with the dog and cat. And today he's there with Aidan and the sitter and he can be off on his own while they play in the upstairs. So it has advantages.
Oh, and of course there's always lots of room for guests. Hint, hint.
Post a Comment