Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Lubbock Musings

So overall I'd say that our adventures in West Texas are starting to settle out. It's been a while since I posted to the blog, but trust me when I say not much has been happening. Aidan has signed up for soccer, although he asked me this morning when he'd get his uniform. I had to admit that I didn't know, but we should be hearing something soon as practices begin sometime this month.

My work has been going well and Jason seems to be moving along in his own career, although we both had a laugh that what we think he ought to do regarding his soon-to-be-part-time status and the reality of what he will do are very different. His desire is to be prepared with back up and the reality is that he'll get motivated to come up with a clear plan when he gets his first 1/2 paycheck.

I'd say that we are as much in a holding pattern as most of the country is right now. We are very lucky to be working in jobs that we both love, we have more than any family of 3 needs. But that's a whole other story. What we don't have is a vacation planned and I dream of flying off to a sandy white beach with palm trees. Nonetheless, Jason and I have agreed to live lean until our debt is paid and the economy is in a better place. I just read this morning that being cheap is "in." Lucky me. We finally have 2 incomes and now we have to be responsible?

Aidan is doing fine too, not much to report. He's getting tall and he goes through pants and socks like nobody's business. His school has a large playground full of pebbles that grind shoes, socks, and pants to nothing. Jason and the dad of another kid were conspiring on how to talk the board into putting down recycled rubber. I don't think they figured anything out.

Hopefully we'll have some fun stuff to post soon. Uncle Paul is coming to visit in 2 weeks, the pool will be opening sometime after that, and we're counting down the days until we visit Kentucky. And, of course, we're expecting several visitors this summer. That ought to make for some great stories to post!

No comments: