
Where has our time off gone? Aidan has spent his summer at summer camp, swimming almost everyday, and playing with his next door neighbor. Jason and I spent our time working more than ever, trying to catch up for our busier times, which are now here.
Our little family has been through so much this summer, it seems like so long ago since we visited Kentucky that first week Aidan was out of school. In June Nana came for a week and as soon as she landed Jason and I took a few days in Santa Fe. We figured she didn't come to see us anyway! New Mexico is beautiful and Santa Fe in particular is amazing. We can't wait to see the rest of New Mexico!
In early July, Jason and Aidan went to Houston while Mom and I collected research data in Detroit. Aidan reported having a great time with Rebecca and the rest of his family. I believe I heard he enjoyed showing off his swimming since he just started swimming at the beginning of summer.
In late July we hosted Memaw Norma and Dave, who were driving across the country and stopped in to stay overnight. We took them to The Ranching Heritage Center, which was actually a lot more interesting than it sounds. Memaw Norma discovered Avocado and uncooked tortillas. I think they enjoyed themselves and I know that we did!
The first week of August we celebrated Aidan's birthday and since he hadn't had a party in a couple of years due to major life changes for all of us, he invited plenty of friends to Main Event for bowling, pizza, putt putt golf, and games. It was a lot of fun even though I had graduation that morning and Jason and I attended a concert after the birthday party. Exhausting, but fun.
I cannot believe that my last post was June 8th. We've done so much this summer and can't believe that we're gearing up to go back to school. We're getting ready for it-- Aidan and I picked up uniforms and school supplies from his school today. My syllabus is just about ready. And we've hired a babysitter to pick Aidan up each day so that Jason and I can work more hours. He's fine with it as long as she lets him play with his friend next door. I'm fine with it as long as we get to spend time together on the weekends. And then there's always our summers...
Our little family has been through so much this summer, it seems like so long ago since we visited Kentucky that first week Aidan was out of school. In June Nana came for a week and as soon as she landed Jason and I took a few days in Santa Fe. We figured she didn't come to see us anyway! New Mexico is beautiful and Santa Fe in particular is amazing. We can't wait to see the rest of New Mexico!
In early July, Jason and Aidan went to Houston while Mom and I collected research data in Detroit. Aidan reported having a great time with Rebecca and the rest of his family. I believe I heard he enjoyed showing off his swimming since he just started swimming at the beginning of summer.
In late July we hosted Memaw Norma and Dave, who were driving across the country and stopped in to stay overnight. We took them to The Ranching Heritage Center, which was actually a lot more interesting than it sounds. Memaw Norma discovered Avocado and uncooked tortillas. I think they enjoyed themselves and I know that we did!
The first week of August we celebrated Aidan's birthday and since he hadn't had a party in a couple of years due to major life changes for all of us, he invited plenty of friends to Main Event for bowling, pizza, putt putt golf, and games. It was a lot of fun even though I had graduation that morning and Jason and I attended a concert after the birthday party. Exhausting, but fun.
I cannot believe that my last post was June 8th. We've done so much this summer and can't believe that we're gearing up to go back to school. We're getting ready for it-- Aidan and I picked up uniforms and school supplies from his school today. My syllabus is just about ready. And we've hired a babysitter to pick Aidan up each day so that Jason and I can work more hours. He's fine with it as long as she lets him play with his friend next door. I'm fine with it as long as we get to spend time together on the weekends. And then there's always our summers...
No comments:
Post a Comment