Well, I've not had a lot of time or energy to put into the blog this week, still trying to get over this killer head cold and sinus infection. The night weaning is going well, although last night I accidentally "sleep nursed." Each night has been a little better, when he wakes up he fusses a little bit, asks for milk, I explain that the sun isn't up, and he goes back to sleep disappointed. Two nights ago he slept straight through from 9 pm to 5:30 am and then wouldn't take no for an answer, so Jason got him back to sleep while I slept on the couch (we play a lot of musical beds at our house). Last night he woke at 2 am, and in my sleepy haze I nursed him without thinking! At around 2:30 I woke up and declared to Jason, "Oh no! I nursed him!" I made him stop and he went back to sleep. He woke again around 6 am. Hopefully the sleep nurse won't set us back too much. It seems like he's also nursing less during the day, the direct opposite of what usually happens. Usually if you wean at night a child will become more clingy and nurse more during the day. Although he may just be less interested during the day because his Uncle Stevie is visiting.
We've had so much fun with Uncle Stevie! They have played and played together. Yesterday when Aidan came in from school he ran into the house and directly into Uncle Stevie's lap, where he hugged and kissed him. His kisses are so sweet. He doesn't really pucker just pulls his lips tight and then pushes them against your face. Sometimes he makes a smack noise.
Lately we've been noticing some major developments with Aidan. Physically he is becoming increasingly active and agile. His teacher even told Jason that she is amazed by his abilities during play and that she suspects he will be an athlete. Jason sort of shrugged it off but this morning a teacher from another class commented to me that Aidan was really blossoming in his new classroom. Then she said, "Especially on the playground!" We've seen a couple of things at home too.
Aidan has an adjustable highchair that can be set at different heights. When it is all the way down he can get in and out of it because it's basically at floor level. When it is all the way up it's normal highchair height. Last night he asked me for a muffin, so I told him to get in his chair and I followed him into the livingroom where his chair was located with the muffin. I stopped briefly to say something to Jason but then continued to follow Aidan moments later. When I got into the livingroom he was sitting up proudly in his highchair, which was adjusted to normal height! I have no idea how he got into it. Obviously he climbed, but I was shocked! I guess it's time to keep a closer eye on him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment