Our little guy was just as hyper as he could be this morning. It took forever to get him to the car because he kept getting distracted by every little thing. He chased an ant around the driveway until he finally just stepped on it and laughed. I felt the need to lecture him about how we only kill living things if they are in our space or hurting us in some way. I don't think he cared. I'm sure that's not what he's learning at school.
His teachers were disappointed that he will not be in school on Monday. They've been practicing for their parade on Monday and he's their "premiere marcher." He's apparently the only one who raises up his knees when he marches. He's very good at imitating physical motions. Last night we were all playing together in the living room and Jason taught Aidan how to do a somersault. He didn't do it exactly right but he was doing it. I didn't believe it either at first when Jason told me to come watch but it's true. Also, Jason said that before they'd done flips, he said to Aidan, "Can you stand on your head?" And then Aidan tried! We were shaking our heads in disbelief. They must be doing this stuff at school. One thing is for sure-- as soon as he's old enough he's going into a tumbler class. I want him to also do tap but that's apparently not masculine enough for Jason.
For the past two days Aidan has had a few tears when I took him to school. The hearts on the hands helped yesterday and partially today, but today he whimpered at the very end when I walked away. I think he feels like he's not had enough time with us lately. Last night he asked for us both to play with him before bed and then asked that we all lay down together to go to sleep at the same time. It could be due to the night weaning or it could be that we're just not devoting enough attention to him right now. Either way, the experts say that the only way to extinguish neediness is to give extra attention and show them that you love them always. Then they will gradually become more and more independent because they now they can trust your love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment