Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Basketball Memories

The most fascinating thing happened on our way home from Houston. As we were about to touchdown in Lexington Aidan started telling Jason that he has a ball on his foot. I was only half listening at the time but realized pretty quickly that what Aidan was referring to was his ankle bone. He said it was a "ball in there." Jason explained that the ball is called an ankle and that it helps him move his foot. Then Aidan said the most bizarre thing.

"Boy yesterday broke ankle playing basketball." Wha? What boy? "Boy on TV yesterday." I asked Jason if Aidan had watched basketball the day before. No. Have they ever seen someone hurt their ankle while playing basketball? No. Where did this come from? Five seconds ago he was learning what an ankle was. Now he knows you can hurt it playing basketball?

Makes you wonder where these things come from, huh? Good memory, I guess. Apparently better than ours.

No comments: