It all started with an impulse buy. Jason went out to get cat litter and ran across some of these. Aidan loves them. He wants to wear them to school but we don't allow that, of course. Not because I'm opposed to him wearing them to school but because I'm afraid he'll get tackled and some other kid will take them. Last night he wore them to bed and then woke up in the middle of the night yelling for Daddy to put them back on his feet. I guess they'd fallen off.
I'm still holding out for my little guy to be sensitive. We've noticed a near perfect correlation between his crying at drop-off and the mood of the other kids. If another kid is in trouble or crying for any reason, Aidan gets very upset. Last night Jason overflowed the humidifier (which, by the way, I told him would happen but he doesn't listen to me) and started yelling and getting all stressed out about it. Aidan got screwed up for the rest of the night. We had to move all of his furniture out to clean up the mess. It disturbed him that nothing was in order. Very particular, that one. It all has to be just so. To help get back on track, we picked up all of his toys and put them away before bed. It seemed to be very therapeutic for him to clean up. Sounds like another, bigger version, Rinaldo that I know.
More evidence of Aidan's sensitivity is his love of Lauren. On Monday when I dropped him at school the class was at circle time. When I asked him where he wanted to sit he chose a spot next to her. Lauren's little face just lit up when he smiled at her. It was so darn cute! I watched them as they greeted each other and made shy googly eyes back and forth. It was like there was no one else in the room. They truly were in their own little world. Last night I was talking to Jason and said, "I don't know what Aidan's girlfriend's name is. Do you?" Just then Aidan yelled out, "Lauren!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lauren and elmo shoes.
*sigh*
To be two...
Post a Comment