Monday, February 19, 2007

This Busy Life

When Aidan's teacher greeted me this morning with, "Well, there's the busy lady" I have to admit that I felt a little self-conscious. The sting of trying to balance career and family has been quite strong lately. I've been working long hours to get the dissertation in good shape so that I can schedule the proposal. I was able to get the latest copy out the door on Friday so that I could relax this weekend.

Aidan was in heaven. Mommy and Daddy were both home and no one was working upstairs. Nana came to visit. It snowed about 3 inches. We burned a fire in the fireplace all weekend and even roasted marshmallows in the living room. To top it off, we went to Gattitown last night. Aidan wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese but I insisted that we try Gattitown because some other moms had talked it up. You should always just trust the toddler on these little things. We'll be going back to Chuck E. Cheese the next time.

In true Nananator fashion, she swept in to my house and got me all organized. Since I am so busy with my work right now and often feel very overwhelmed, I feel so much more sane when she comes to help out. She kept Aidan while Jason and I went to Entree Vous to make dinners for the week. She washed, dried, and folded our laundry. And then, to top it all off, she helped me clean out our storage room. The upstairs is as spotless as the downstairs. I'm feeling so sane right now. If only I had a full day spa visit and a professional to edit the dissertation. Then I would be elated!

No comments: