Things here have been a bit hectic but I've been trying hard to have a good time with Aidan when I'm with him since I'm neglecting a lot of work when I don't have childcare. Yesterday we hosted his friend, Emma. She was in his old school but was removed when her mother walked in to find milk allergic Emma eating cheese flavored goldfish crackers. We had too much fun together yesterday and Aidan was sad today that Emma couldn't come over after school.
I found a package in the mailbox addressed to Aidan from our friends Amy and Craig. I yelled to him that he got a package and he yelled back from the potty to please bring it to him because he wanted to see it. He was very excited about seeing what was in the package and was grinning from ear to ear and I helped him open it. We were surprised and delighted to find these.
I explained what they were and opened them so that he could see them. He was so excited that he couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear. I got such a kick out of the concept, then my amusement mixed with how adorable my little guy was in his excitement, and this caused me to start laughing. My laughing caused him to laugh, which led to our uncontrollable laughing for a good ten minutes. There we were, he was on the potty and I was sitting across from him on the tub edge. And we were laughing. It was hysterical.
Once we gained our composure, Aidan insisted that I read it to him. "Perfect for cuts, scrapes, shark bites or other minor boo-boos." We lost it all over again.
And then he insisted that we put them away and not use them unless he gets a boo-boo. I had to make him put one on his already bruised forehead for fun. Somehow he knew that these were very special bandages. I'm pretty sure his Halloween will somehow involve pirates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those are cool! What was the prize inside???
The booty was a little pirate rubber ducky!
Glad Aidan liked the bandages - and a pirate rubber ducky - what a bargain! Hope Aidan doesn't experience many shark bites but figured he might need to cover up a few boo-boos after sliding into home plate.
Post a Comment