Aidan seems to be feeling better, although he missed the second day of preschool because he was blowing out of both ends this morning. It was quite sad. I was sure it was botulism but off we went to the doctor to get a second opinion. I was assured that there is indeed a stomach virus going around. I got the usual, a prescription for Phenergan and advice on how to watch for and prevent dehydration.
After leaving the doctor and dropping our prescription at the pharmacy, we had to go to Mommy's work. I had some paperwork that absolutely had to be turned in today by 2 PM. Had I known then how difficult it would be, I would've just found some alternative way to handle it. We walked to my office from the only available parking spot. Remember, it's a college campus so even though it was relatively close, it wasn't really that close. Aidan insisted that I carry him most of the way.
Once in the office I was able to distract him with markers and paper while I completed my paperwork and sorted through the work I needed to take home. A colleague stopped in and Aidan started yelling, "Puke!" We ran into the bathroom to take care of business and ended up having to change clothes. Thank God I had the forethought to bring extra clothes!
All we had left to do was walk across campus to drop off the paperwork, then walk to the car, then get the medicine, then home. So here I was carrying my bag stuffed with my computer and my papers, dragging my sick 3-year-old across campus. He was not happy. He screamed for me to pick him up most of the way. I mostly just explained that it was not possible for me to carry both him and my bag and I kept walking.
After we dropped off the paperwork my little guy insisted that we sit down to rest. So we did. He was sick, after all. After our short rest we set out for the car. It was very hot and my bag was getting very heavy. Not too far into our walk Aidan started to scream and cry for me to pick him up. Again I explained that he's too heavy and my bag is about as heavy, so it's just not possible. He stopped in front of me and sat down on the sidewalk. Wow, what a stubborn child we have. Where did this come from?
So, of course, I carried him and my bag the entire way to the car. He was so exhausted that he just put his head on my shoulder and whimpered. By the time we got to the car I was hot, sweaty, and aching. I also wasn't so nice to him as I explained that I was very tired and hungry and I really, really needed him to help me out by being nice to me. He fell asleep before we even got the medicine from the drive-thru.
After one short and one long nap, he was feeling a lot better tonight. He even went outside to play baseball and enjoyed telling the next door neighbor boy about how he had runny poopy in his underwear while puking in the bathtub. That must be a boy thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment