My boy LOVES to snuggle. Since the moment he came out, he has wanted to be touched at all times by some loving person, usually his mommy. At his last school we were told frequently how they were working with him on personal space issues. He would sit in circle and insist on touching the child next to him, which the other children loathed.
I'm not sure if this is a natural state for all children or some genetic predisposition for my child, but there are obvious evolutionary reasons why a child would want to snuggle. It makes me crazy when I meet parents who insist that you should set boundaries with your children because they have to learn that parents are separate from themselves. I guess I can't understand that because I feel it's not true. Our children are a part of us. Forever.
We've gone through stages with the snuggling. Sometimes he doesn't seem to need it at all, while at other times he insists on snuggling with the parent of his choice, which is still almost always Mommy. For the past several evenings, he has asked to snuggle with me before bed. This is my very favorite time of day because I know it won't be long before he's snuggling with some other woman. And as Jason loves to point out, she probably won't like me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm all for snuggling all you can. Jason will prolly be wrong.
Post a Comment