Monday, July 21, 2008

Always the Last Minute

It's clear at this point that this train is moving faster than we are. The future owners of our Lexington house are sending over appraisers and inspectors and surveyors while we have slowly been packing up 2-3 boxes each day. Jason has fixed a couple of things that would surely come up in the inspection, but we're still quite nervous. It's an old house. It's bound to have some issues!

Unfortunately, we still have no house in Texas. It looks like Jason and Aidan will fly down early to find a place to live and then Nana and I will be down there sometime late the next day. Aidan says he wants an apartment with a swimming pool. I'd be happy with air conditioning and covered parking!

This process has taught me a lot about patience. You do what you can do each day whether it's on the dissertation, the preparation for moving, or whatever it is. And then you wait for others to do their part. I still say that if we'd planned better and acted sooner, we wouldn't be in this situation but I'm married to a procrastinator. A procrastinator who believes that he does things exactly when they need to be done. And who never has to face serious consequences. And so this will be my life forever...

No comments: