Saturday, August 23, 2008

Making Time for Aidan

Last night I left work pretty late because I was having a productive streak and met the family at Chuck E Cheese. Aidan was having a great time and won enough tickets to buy this long, swirly sucker. He's still eating it today. We got home just in time for bedtime, so we did the routine of tooth brushing and pajama wearing. He got into bed but then started with his bathroom request/food request/general bedtime delays.

When we went into the bathroom to see if he actually needed to go (which he didn't), he said to me, "Can you sleep in my room on the floor? I never get any Mommy time with you lately." And that's all it took. We snuggled up in a blanket with Aidan's pillows and stuffed animals and rocked in the rocking chair pointed out toward the backyard where we could view the scenery of the pool and the little trees (our trees are quite small even though they are full grown). And that's where we were until he fell asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love and miss you guys.