Lubbock fact: Average rainfall for September is 2.57 inches. Average sunshine in a day is 70%.
It's raining. It's rained a lot since we got here. I think we've surpassed the 2.57 inch mark just today. I'm looking out my 8th floor office window and I see low clouds covering all of Lubbock. I swear, it's like Oregon. I'm amazed and so is everyone else in my department!
Yesterday when Jason picked Aidan up from school he sat down with the pre-K coordinator and discussed the problems concerning the teacher. Everyone was in agreement that Aidan should be moved to another teacher. To my surprise, Aidan was also thrilled. He knows this other teacher well and says that he has some friends in that class. And then this morning he told us that the previous teacher yelled at them sometimes.
Jason says that the last teacher is very loud and very stern. Aidan must have interpreted it as yelling. He just looked so relieved this morning to go to school. And according to Jason, Aidan went right in, found his seat, and made himself at home. The new teacher made a big deal about Aidan joining their class and all the kids greeted him warmly.
Jason's report is that the new teacher is warm, friendly, and "normal." He says she'll bend to the needs of the children and will be structured yet flexible as needed. And that, I think, is what Aidan will respond well to. Boot camp is just not his scene.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I WAS GETTING READY TO PACK MY BAGS...HOPEFULLY AIDAN WILL ADJUST BETTER IN THE NEW CLASS. IT MUST BE HARD TO MOVE SO FAR AWAY FROM THE ONLY TOWN HE KNEW AND FRIENDS.
I WILL BE THERE FOR A VISIT IN FOUR WEEKS. I MISS YOU & LOVE YOU GUYS~NANA
Post a Comment