Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Weekend Is Here!

Lubbock Attraction: The Ranching Heritage Center, on a site of some 14½ acres adjacent to the campus of Texas Tech University in Lubbock, is an outdoor museum comprising restorations relative to the history of ranching in the Southwest-architectural exhibits of historic ranch structures, furnishings, and accouterments.

The doorbell rang at 8:30 AM just after Jason had said something about calling the furniture store to see what time they'd be delivering today. They brought in a couch and two bedroom pieces and then were gone soon after. I really wanted to lay in bed longer this morning.

Aidan appears to be making plenty of friends and we were trying to remember some of the names to ask which ones were of his friends. Jason recalled that there are two girls named Zoey and one little girl named Colette. When Colette's name was mentioned Aidan put his face into my shoulder and said, "She's cute!" It was pretty funny, without even trying we learned the identity of his new crush.

I've been assured by multiple channels that Aidan's new school is the best possible solution for us. One of my colleagues sent her son there and testifies that her son grew up with a cohort of 10 kids. All of the families are close and share information as needed. Now that he's in high school he still hangs with his cohort and she feels completely comfortable with all of his friends because she's known them all since there were in preschool.

My college dean threw a luau last night at the Ranching Heritage Center. Aidan stayed with a sitter while Jason and I attended. We had lots of fun. I work with some really great people who like to have a great time. The luau was complete with grass skirts and whole roasted pigs with apples in their mouths. Jason described them as looking like road kill.

My weekend will be busy with work but I think Jason and Aidan will find some fun things to do with their time. I heard Jason say that he'd take Aidan to the park after his three chores-- I wonder what those are. Hopefully there will be another adventure to write about soon!

No comments: