Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Fly On The Wall

Oh, the things you might overhear at our house! Over the weekend Aidan came into my office and said, "Mommy, I was walking down the stairs with too much things in my hands and I dropped my rocks and they went behind the new couch and it's the kind of couch I can't move because it has carpet."



On Monday he was crying and said, "Mommy! Daddy called my elephant a name!" A puzzled Jason was adamantly denying this, so I asked Aidan what Jason called it. "He called it home freak." So then I had to explain that the elephant's name is Humphrey. He called it Humphrey.



Yesterday Aidan and I went to our new family doctor to get his 4-year shots. The doctor asked him lots of questions, I think it was a general assessment of whether Aidan is at the right cognitive level. Then the doctor did a quick exam. When we were all done, Aidan asked if the doctor could check out Humphrey because Humphrey has been sick. The doctor let Aidan put on the stethoscope in order to listen to Humphrey's chest. It was determined that Humphrey does not have a heartbeat.



On our way to school this morning Aidan declared that if his friend Dominic lived next door we could all be neighbors and they would go to the same school and ride together in the same car. So I told him that we would be going to Kentucky to visit as soon as we can!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we lived next door to you guys - Dominic would love it & so would I! We'll settle for the 3 of you coming to visit though. And we'll definitely try to get down & see you guys soon as well. I'm loving reading about Lubbock, the parks, the pool, and your new house.

Anonymous said...

I wish we lived close, too. Did you get you family assistant?