Saturday, January 06, 2007

Gravity = 9.8 meters/second (squared)

As we begin our new year as a family, we have been taking stock and trying to figure out how to reorganize ourselves. This year will be very busy for me as I stare down dissertation, job search and interviews, etc. Jason is looking forward to his own work related angst. We're all looking forward to experiencing whatever the new year brings us.

Our lives have changed so much since Aidan was born and he's finally at the age where we have been able to sit back from time to time and really appreciate him. Although he was such a Mommy's boy for so long, he's become quite the Daddy's boy. This is great for me since early on Jason needed his time for his dissertation and these days I need the same. They spend so much time together playing and going to the YMCA. Aidan certainly lets me know when he hasn't had enough time with me but overall his attachment to Jason alleviates a lot of my mommy guilt.

Only one problem with their spending time together. Jason's a bad influence. He's turning my perfect little boy into a nerd. Yes, it's true. My perfect, adorable, extremely social little guy is becoming a first class honor student right before my eyes. A few weeks ago Aidan told me that his toys fall to the ground because of gravity. I thought that was pretty neat that Jason had told him all about gravity. After all, how many parents even think to talk to their kids about physics? Most probably think the kids will learn it in school. But not my husband!

Yesterday Aidan was holding a toy while on the changing table and when he dropped his toy, it hit him in the face. His cry was, "Gravity go to time out!" Hmmm, this worries me. Jason says he'll next teach Aidan about torque. Anybody else think I need to limit their time together?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am not seeing a problem here. I feel SCHOLARSHIPS in his future. And because he is so well rounded (so far) it could be sports AND academics. If he gets any more perfect I might have to abduct him.