I realize that Aidan doesn't start his new school for another week, but we've been taking on preliminary tasks to get ready for the new school and schedule. Yesterday I went to the grocery store to buy items that Aidan might take in his lunch. Everything has to be Kosher, which I'm not used to shopping for, but I'm pretty practiced at noticing labels. It was funny, I'd check for the hekhsher and then check for allergy information. I was surprised to see that lots of Meijer brand products were Kosher, while many of the same items from other brands were not. I think I also saw the trend that Kosher items tend to be made in either the US, Canada, or Israel, so there is less concern about the recent problems with imports from China.
I'm very glad that Aidan will be taking his lunch each day. Anyone who knows me knows that I fret over things like Mad Cow, Salmonella, E. Coli, and problems people have from eating meat. That's not to mention the long term health problems from eating the wrong food. You have to start early. I'm not saying that I won't pack some crackers or white bread in his lunch or that he won't get anything processed like prepackaged fruit cups, pudding, or applesauce. But I promise it will be far healthier and tastier than what he's been getting for lunch.
I saw in a catalog that Lillian Vernon makes a lunch bag that matches his suitcase and backpack. I either didn't see it before or just didn't need it, but I'm glad he'll have the matching set (and I wonder where he gets his obsessive need to match everything). He'll be so cute with his backpack full of daily supplies (change of clothes) and his matching lunch bag packed full of Kosher food. The lunch bag is on backorder. He won't get it in time for next Monday but he'll have it in a few weeks and definitely in time for the school year.
Besides getting ready for the eating aspect, we've also been talking a lot about the new school and trying to get Aidan ready for the adjustment. I plan to stay with him on the first day until he starts to make some friends and then I'll leave him for a few hours to give him room to bond with the class and teacher. I'll probably be more stressed than Aidan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you guys are excited about the new preschool---I hope it turns out to be everything I and they promised! Aidan deserves the best---CAUSE I SAID SO!
Hee, hee. Yeah, I shoulda taken him there long ago when you first told me about it. We were just doing well where we were. Still worried about his adjustment but it'll be ok.
Post a Comment