Monday, July 23, 2007

The Wonders of Coffee

This morning was rough. Aidan loves to be home with Mommy and Daddy and even though he has a great time at school, he always asks to stay home. Today he used stall tactics, which made us very, very late. As we were driving and he was complaining about how I forgot to get him a drink, I realized that I hadn't had any coffee. That's why I wasn't taking it well. No coffee.

By the time we got near Starbucks he had stopped crying and was being pretty nice, so I decided to get what we both needed. When I pulled up to the speaker to give my order, Aidan yelled out, "Mommy! You need coffee!" Yes, I'm a junky and everybody knows it.

I felt much better after a few sips of my light mocha frappuccino. Coffee makes me a better parent. I explained that I got him a water because he had stopped crying and seemed really thirsty and he said thank you like the sweet little boy that he is. And then we went to school. The End.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they have decaf?

Shannon said...

Dunno. Probably.