Yesterday Jason and I traded off, I would take Aidan to an after school birthday party if he would go to the parent orientation at the school. The party was at Chuck E. Cheese and Aidan was sure to point out that he'd never been to a party there before. And what a marvelous time it was!
Unfortunately, the invitation said the party was for "Alex" and having met an Alex over the summer who was a boy, we assumed it was him. It wasn't. Alex is short for Alexandra. I sure hope she likes dinosaurs and pretty rocks!
Unfortunately, Aidan didn't really get an opportunity to play with other kids there. We've noticed that he's building relationships with kids who are a bit older than him and Jason is speculating that maybe he's socially ahead of his cohort. His classmates are still "playing together" and not bonding at this point, yet he seems to be interested in bonding with new friends. Could just be his experiences with moving and all, but I had Jason speak with his teacher this morning about his social development. She said she'd keep an eye on his relationship building to ensure that he's getting what he needs.
Jason met lots of parents at the orientation and says that the culture is very different from what we have been used to. I think he used the term "ghetto." Lots of Escalades and plenty of hair and make-up. Welcome to Texas. The good news was that he also met a few couples that he referred to as "normal."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Maybe we should move down there and go thru their foster to adopt program...I could be normal. No, really. I could.
You are normal! Come on down!
Post a Comment