Okay, okay. I realize it's been a while since I posted. I'll try to get you updated on what's been going on. Friday I volunteered at Aidan's school while his teachers went to a holiday lunch. For the first hour I was in a different room but for the second hour I was in Aidan's classroom. He slept the entire time. There were about five kids who never napped but Aidan was fast asleep when I went in and he stayed asleep for the entire two hours! These days he's become a much better, heavier sleeper. As I was leaving he peeked out from under the covers and said, "Mommy, take me away. Take me home to play." I couldn't resist. We packed up his things and off we went to play for the rest of the day.
First we went to Daddy's work to play with Daddy's work friends. That was a lot of fun. Then we went to visit Mommy's work and Mommy's friend, Lee (or as Aidan calls her, Wee). He really loved seeing her. She gave him a donkey (which he called a monkey). All the way home he kept saying, "Wet's go see Wee, Mommy!"
Saturday was busy too. We painted ornaments with Ruby's family. The Oneys were there too. On Sunday we had a visit from Paul and then we were off to Daddy's work holiday party.
Santa was at the party again this year. Aidan ran right up and jumped into his lap to get his present (which was a Curious George Train). Aidan was so excited to see Santa and loved his gift. Later, after Santa was gone and we were waiting to tell the CEO (A.K.A. Santa) thanks and goodnight, Aidan started looking around for Santa saying, "I hear Santa laughing. Where's Santa?" We were all astounded at his ability to remember and categorize Santa's laugh. In honor of Aidan's new toy we had to read Curious George before bed.
Aidan's big curiosity is the word "no." Whenever someone says either "no" or "know" for any reason, he'll report to me, "Mommy, Daddy said no" or "Mommy, Nana said no." The other day Jason asked him a question about whether he wanted something and after declining, Aidan looked at me with a cute little grin and declared, "Mommy, I said 'no' to Daddy!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, but did he know he said "no?"
ah ha ha
Post a Comment