Thursday, September 21, 2006

Aidan's Swingset




We just needed diapers. Jason offered to go. I decided we could all go just to get out of the house. Plus we needed a few extra things and Aidan had already had a snack that would hold him off until dinner.

As we were walking up to the Meijer store, I saw it. A huge swingset/slide combo. It was beautiful! We'd been looking for one all summer but just couldn't bring ourselves to pay the asking price. I made this mental contract with myself that we shouldn't pay over $500 for a jungle gym for the yard. When we were looking, $500 got us very little. It might get the jungle gym/slide but not the swingset attachment. No, that runs you another $500 or so. I'd pretty much decided that Aidan would just have to go to the park. And we have nice parks. It's just that sometimes it would be easier to play in the backyard.

So there it was on the sidewalk. It was all put together. I was delighted to see the big, orange, "clearance" tag hanging from the top rail. Jason and I looked at eachother and then at Aidan. We all began to check it out. On one end is the huge jungle gym playhouse. It has a sandbox on the bottom and the slide that goes down to the ground. Attached to that is two swings and a seesaw swing. It was like finding a diamond on the sidewalk! Aidan was taking it for a test spin while we looked it over for hardware. It was missing a bolt or two, but the manager supplied that. And then we had to get it home.

The pictures are:
1) A random picture from internet of Aidan's new swingset (his isn't put together yet).
2) Jason put the playhouse section on top of the car and put the other parts in the cab. It looked pretty scary to see!

By the way, Aidan woke up five times last night asking to play. Then he asked for his swingset first thing this morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Aidan his new swingset totally ROCKS!

and rolls

and swings

It's just swell, mommy!