It's been so long since I last blogged. I will try to remember everything that Aidan's been doing. This week's highlight was that Jereme and Jody came to visit. Aidan had so much fun with them! Especially playing with Mr. Potato Head, a toy that Jereme bought him for his 1/2 birthday. Since then he's gotten additional accessories, so the two had a blast rearranging and decorating. Jereme's nickname is Scrub, but Aidan affectionately refers to him as "Uncle Shrub!" The pair watched a lot of Sesame Street together. Aidan's very favorite is an episode where Telly sees an exotic, shiny "X" with dark sunglasses. No one else sees it, so Telly is on a quest to prove it exists. Aidan is fascinated by this situational drama and watches it at least once a day. Luckily, it's on digital cable and he can watch it whenever he wants.
Uncle Shrub and Jody left on Thursday morning and then we had dinner with Sabrina and her Jeremy on Friday! Aidan loves seeing her and, of course, we love seeing her too. I think he would have preferred playing with her a little longer but they were on their way to shop and we had to get home to see Nana, who was coming for the weekend. Aidan was in heaven! He and Nana played all day yesterday while Jason and I went out to discuss and work on my dissertation. Sometimes it just takes two brains to get through a chapter.
Anyway, the report was that he had a great day. We had a difficult time getting him down last night because he was so excited about Nana being there, but Jason finally talked him into going to sleep. I think he's ready to start going to bed without nursing. Aidan had cow's milk with lunch yesterday and then drank more before bed. Apparently the pillow talk with his Daddy as he was about to go to sleep was about where milk comes from. This morning when Jason was telling me this, Aidan grabbed his cow puppet and put it up to Jason as if Jason were nursing the cow. It was pretty funny! I think tonight we'll try putting Aidan down without Mommy or nursing. Overall, his sleeping is going pretty well. Most nights he's sleeping through.
Today Mommy is working while Daddy and Aidan spend time together. I thought they were going to the YMCA but last I heard they were eating orange watermelon. Jason called to tell me that our watermelon from our CSA was orange. Apparently Aidan was squeezing the pulp so that the juice would fall out and then he'd eat the pulp. Must not like the orange variety, huh? I've never had an orange watermelon, but I'm looking forward to trying it when I get home!
To top off everything, Aidan's Grandma Agett and Grandpa Bill are visiting us on Tuesday! They are leaving early Friday morning. This is just too much fun having all of these visitors! Hopefully I'll find time this week to keep you all updated but if not, I'll try to do a general post like today to get everyone up to speed next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've never heard of orange watermelon. If you can stand to share, bring some in, I'd like to try.
On a side note, my blog is down. It will be up as soon as I straighten out the mess I made!
Post a Comment