Monday, September 04, 2006

So Many Fun Activities!

I have to admit that I haven't gotten enough "fun time" with Aidan and Jason lately, I'm working a lot. They've been doing tons of fun stuff. They've been going to the YMCA. Aidan calls it "CA" and says, "Swim. Aidan. Basketball. CA." Jason tells me that Aidan is quite the basketball player and yesterday learned how to paddle around with the life jacket on. He apparently taught himself pretty quickly how to motivate in the water. Although anyone who saw the very first ultrasound at 10 weeks gestation would assume that he'd be quite the swimmer. He was kicking and moving like crazy! All I have to say is that all that organic food during pregnancy and breast milk has really paid off. He's definitely active and coordinated!

This morning, like most mornings, he asked to look at pictures of Rebecca. He loves his cousin so much! Jason has told him that Rebecca lives in Texas and that it takes 2 days to drive there. Today he said, "Becca. Drive to Texas. I drive!" He thinks he can drive since Jason lets him sit in the driver's seat in the driveway. Not when the car is moving, of course. He doesn't realize that he'd be absolutely miserable on a 2 day roadtrip to Texas. Later when Jason and I were in the bathroom getting ready for our day we heard Aidan talking to Rebecca. We were laughing that he now has an imaginary cousin playmate. When Jason went in to find that Aidan had torn apart the humidifier, he heard, "Becca did it!" Great. So now he has someone to blame stuff on!

As I was leaving for work just after noon my two guys were on their way out the door to the Newport aquarium. Aidan said he wanted to "Swim touch fishes." Yeah, I think we're in for it when he's older. I know that we can get him SCUBA certified at 12, so that'll be something fun to do together. I think he'll be up for it. He seems to have inherited "sensation seeking", which I like to refer to as "openness to new experiences." Both are technical psychological terms but the latter just sounds less outcast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I needed a Becca to blame stuff on when I was growing up...hell, I could use a Becca now!