Our week has been hectic but a lot of fun too. Jereme and Jody came to visit on Sunday, so Aidan got lots of attention. Especially when it came to playing baseball. Uncle Scrub taught Aidan all about the "tater ball" and he hit many of them. On Monday night he cried through dinner because no one would pitch to him and he reluctantly went out to hit the ball off the tee. When he hit the ball and we all cheered, he turned with his best grump face and spouted, "Don't cheer for me!" Of course, it didn't help that we all died laughing.
Last night was the first night this week that I didn't allow him to play baseball because his attitude needed some adjusting. He wasn't so happy, but once he accepted that he'd have to wait it out, he went off to watch a movie and cuddle with the mommy he'd tested. I figure it's a great thing that he lives for baseball because it gives us something to use in discipline.
Whenever I ask him about his days he tells me grand stories of how he hit the ball so far that it ended up in the parking lot. I'm not real clear on where this parking lot is since he has a parking lot at school and he calls our driveway a parking lot. One thing that's for sure is he loves to hit the ball so that it goes over the garage, so I'm sure he loves to scale buildings at school too. It's just astounding that he can hit so well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment