Yesterday school called and said that Aidan was not feeling well, so I picked him up early. He seemed like he had a cold or teeth coming in, so I just took him home and gave him some antihistimine. Last night was date night, so Sabrina came and she said he curled up in her lap to sleep most of the time we were gone. Again, last night sleeping was rough and he just seemed like he was having ear issues. Sabrina said that he tugged at his ears some too.
Bright and early this morning I called the doctor's office and told them that he needed to have his ears checked. Luckily, they were able to move his Friday 18-month check-up to today so that he could be seen all at once instead of twice this week. Sure enough, the doctor says that his ears were red. Another antibiotic. Otherwise the doctor says he looks great and is developing well. He's still in the bottom percentiles on weight but his height and head are growing normally-- 50th and 90th percentiles. I can't believe he'll be 1 1/2 on Saturday!
Unfortunately, Aidan had to have a shot this morning. His last one until he's 3. I think it must have been the first time that he was able to conceptualize what was going on. After she gave him the shot I tried to comfort him, of course. Then I put him on the floor so that I could dress him. He stood there, motionless, with big tears rolling down his cheeks, looking down at his leg with a look of sheer disbelief on his face. As if he was trying to figure out why this stranger had stabbed him for no apparent reason whatsoever. I continued to dress him and he just stood there like he was afraid to move his legs. Once he realized that he wasn't permanently injured he was good as new but it sure took him a couple of minutes to recuperate!
Overall, I think he's doing well. He'll start his antibiotic later today (I tried to get it filled at Kroger but they were really busy with all the old people getting their meds filled on Feb. 1). He should be feeling better in a day or two. Just in time for his 1/2 birthday on Saturday and the Superbowl party on Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment