Tuesday, February 14, 2006

So Much Going On!

The picture of Aidan in the snow over the weekend has a little story behind it that I thought you might enjoy. On Saturday it was snowing and Jason said he really wanted to take Aidan out in it to play. I told him that I didn't know where Aidan's gloves were but I thought one of them was in the car and that I would get it out before I left. Well, I forgot to get the glove. On my way home I noticed it and had a twinge of guilt, thinking that Aidan may have stayed in because he didn't have gloves. Then I remembered that as kids we never had gloves and would just put a couple of pairs of socks over our hands to go out in the snow. Sometimes we'd do this under mittens. So I get home to find that Aidan had gone outside. Jason tells me that they came inside because Aidan's one hand was getting really cold. So I asked Jason why didn't he just put socks over his hands? "Well, I didn't think of that." So I wondered, how is it that he didn't think of it? Didn't every kid do this? It's sort of standard, isn't it? Except for when you live in Texas...

Last night we had sushi for dinner and I decided to see if Aidan would like it. He ate very little of it (it really is an acquired taste) but was very interested in my chopsticks. Whenever we go to and Asian restaurant he tries to use chopsticks (one in each hand) to eat, so I gave him some last night too. He stabbed a piece of crab and held it there on the end of his stick, trying to put it in his mouth. We rushed around to find the camera but couldn't find it in time to get a shot of his first successful use of the chopstick!

Something else he's getting really good at is brushing his teeth. We've always tried to get him to try brushing but we've not made such a big deal out of it since we want it to become a habit and not a chore. Whenever I'm in the bathroom doing anything cosmetic, whether it be getting ready in the morning or getting ready for bed, he asks to brush his teeth. He mostly stands on his stool and chews on his toothbrush with short breaks to play in the water but the point is that he does it twice a day! Once he gets the motor coordination down he'll be a regular brusher!

This morning Aidan woke up earlier than usual and ran around the house with his 2 pound weights, one in each hand, working out like Daddy does. He loves to lift them up over his head and hold them there making grunting noises. He's so much like his daddy. Unfortunately no matter how hard the two of them work out they will never have the body type to be in the World's Strongest Man Competition. Keep dreamin', boys!

No comments: