Monday, February 06, 2006

Lots of Fun!

We had so much fun this weekend! Aidan turned 18 months on Saturday! He stayed home with Daddy while Mommy went to work for a few hours. They must have had a good day because they were happy when I got home. On Saturday evening lots of friends came over for dinner and 1/2 birthday cake and ice cream! Daddy made a yummy yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Aidan also got lots of 1/2 presents. We're excited about this tradition, I feel like if you don't have family traditions then children don't have anything to come back home to. And then later look back on fondly. I hope that this tradition is one that we will always cherish.

After dinner Aidan rode on his fire engine that he got for Christmas from Papaw Steve. Daddy and Eric pushed him back and forth really fast. He was going so fast that his head was tilted back and his eyes were barely open and the wind was blowing his hair. He laughed and laughed! Later we went to Jody and Jereme's to watch the UK game and he had a great time rolling around in Jody's dissertation papers (they were in the trash pile, of course). We got lots of pictures that I plan to post here, but I'll have to remember to do that when I'm at home in front of my other laptop.

On Sunday Aidan went with Daddy to visit the duck pond at Lexington Green while I worked (of course). Jason said that they stayed out there until he couldn't stand the cold anymore. Aidan had on two jackets and a coat but Jason was not so well dressed apparently. After feeding the ducks for a while they went into Joseph Beth to play with the train table in the children's section and watch the fountain. When I got home around 4 Aidan was passed out on his daddy, so they must have had a great time! When he woke up we went to the superbowl party at Jody & Jereme's house.

This morning we were moving slow and it felt so good to snuggle, so I didn't rush him out of bed. When I finally made us both get up we went into his room to change his diaper and put his clothes on. I put him on his bed and pulled off the diaper and he stood up (of course, he doesn't want to lay down) looking over the side of the bed. I went over to get a diaper but it took a little longer than it otherwise would because the first diaper I picked up was torn. Suddenly I hear this little chuckle coming from my little boy. It was almost sinister. As I walked over to him I realized that he was peeing out of the bedrail and onto the floor! I hurried to catch the stream with the diaper, which made him laugh more. I walked back over to get another diaper (because the first one had pee all over it) and I heard the same laugh coming behind me! He was peeing again! This time chuckling in a knowing roar! He was purposefully peeing. He must have liked the effect he got from the first round. So now the bed sheets, pillow, and everything that was on the floor has to be cleaned when I get home. No time to deal with it this morning. Just wiped up what I could and moved on. So if he can pee for laughs, does this mean he's ready to start potty training?!

No comments: