Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A Very Tired Post

We didn't get any sleep last night. I'm beginning to believe that our lack of sleep is more due to Jason's snoring than spontaneous wake ups by Aidan. Although Jason doesn't believe that he was snoring and won't discuss it. Anyway, after not much sleep Aidan and I stayed home for an extra hour this morning so that we could just spend some time together. We had a great time and as a result he went to school in a good mood.

Although Aidan hasn't mastered many words, he is trying to say complete sentences. Yes, it's true. He tries to say "Clifford the Big Red Dog!" Ok, so that's not a complete sentence but it's one example of many. I'll say "Clifford the Big Red Dog" and he says, "Clugu Gu Gog Go Gog!" Ok, so granted it is not phonetically the same. He's trying to say it and that's what matters. There are some other sentences that he's trying to repeat too but I can't remember them right now because I'm too tired. I'll have to ask Jason or try to remember tomorrow.

March 24 is Aidan's auction at school. I mentioned it before, but I'll tell you again. It's a fundraiser for his school to do room updates. We're selling raffle tickets, taking donations for auction items, and donating art supplies for the art basket that his class is going to raffle off. If any of you are interested in contributing, please let me know. That's the weekend that Jason will be in Tucson but Nana will be here so maybe we will all go together! All of the donations are due by March 17.

Everyone is in agreement that Aidan is getting tall. He must have shot up overnight because everyone is commenting on it and suddenly pants that were too long are fitting him. Now, by tall I mean relatively. Please keep in mind that he just doesn't have the genes to be the UK basketball player that some people would like to see. He'll probably be more like a tax accountant. He is, however, suddenly taller than he was and it's noticeable. Even his teachers commented on it.

I wish that I had more to update you on but there's just not much going on this week. Plus he'll be home in a few minutes so I have to wrap this up before he's tugging on my arm!

No comments: