Yesterday Jason and Aidan beat me home by just a few minutes. Whenever I get home right after them, they wait for me (Jason usually calls me to see how far behind I am) in the car. Aidan sits on Jason's lap and turns the steering wheel. What is it about Dads and letting their kids "drive"? Of course, nowadays you can't do what we did. We sat in our Dad's lap and actually drove down the road while he worked the petals and made sure we didn't swerve into a ditch! No, you can't do that anymore in the new age of car seats and social services! So Jason improvises and lets Aidan pretend to drive while the car is parked in the driveway. Aidan loves it! Whenever I pull up I see Aidan's face light up with a huge smile, it feels so good to know that he is so happy to see me!
Last night he was very tired again. We can't figure out if he's just not sleeping well at daycare or whether he's getting worn out or maybe he's actually beginning to be like a regular kid on the sleeping front!?!? Instead of letting him fall asleep before dinner, we encouraged him to eat and then take a bath. I've decided to work toward sleeping in the toddler bed. Last night I put him down in his bed with his new pillow and his covers. He slept for not very long before I heard him cry. I went in to see him and he hopped down off the bed, grabbed my hand pulling me into the living room, and started watching the UK game with Jason. I'm just trying to get him used to being in there a little at a time, so we'll try again tonight and the next night, etc. When he's a little older we'll give him stickers and reward successive approximations until he is sleeping there full time. After all, I'll never be able to nurse another baby without co-sleeping with it AND I can hardly co-sleep with a new baby if I have a toddler in our bed! But for those of you who may be getting your hopes up right about now-- I still need to complete the dissertation before another baby can be a reality!
This morning he woke up in a great mood but he was feeling a little ornery. Didn't want to eat breakfast, didn't want to sit in his high chair, ran from me giggling when I tried to give him his medicine. The only thing that he cooperated with was putting on his clothes and that was only because he was cold! When we got him to school he had his duck in hand but I had to take it out of his hand to take his jacket off. He started screaming hysterically! After I got his jacket off and gave him the duck I thought he'd stop crying but he continued. The teacher took him and rocked him in the rocking chair. I honestly don't think he was crying because I was leaving. He was mad b/c he thought I was going to take his ducks!!!! If only I'd known all this time that the ducks were the answer. Maybe the ducks will be the answer to getting him into his bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment