Our little guy is so cute! Jason told me about this article he read where they examined the school drop off behaviors of kids. They found that if the parents started getting the children ready for separation at home before they left for school, that the children did better than when the readiness began at school. This morning when I told him it was time to go I sang a little song that his teachers sing that goes, "Aidan's going to school today, Aidan's going to school. We're so glad, so very glad that Aidan's going to school today!" So I sang it in the house, then on the way to the car, and then several times on the way to school. Then he started singing it too! It was not all that easy to understand but he had the tune down! So then we both sang it together the rest of the way to school. When we got there he ran in, sat down in his teacher's lap, and started playing. No tears. I can't believe it worked on the first try!
Some of you already know about this and some of you do not. We have more evidence that there may be a peanut allergy. I previously spoke of my suspicions here. On Tuesday the school called me to bring some Benedryl over because Aidan had an allergic reaction. They claimed to not have any idea what he reacted to but thought it might be some flowers when he was outside. Later his teacher told me her opinion that he'd had an allergic reaction to the peanut butter they gave him at lunch. Having already suspected a nut allergy, I immediately started asking specific questions, which led me to believe that she was right. I made an appointment with the pediatric allergist for Wednesday, March 29. I've read up a little bit on peanut allergies and have learned that it's one of the most severe food allergies. You can read more on it here and here. Hopefully we'll find out that he is not allergic to peanuts but if he is I know that we'll be able to make the necessary changes it takes to keep him safe. Apparently peanuts are in hundreds of foods and it's not as easy to steer clear of them as it is for most foods. I'll keep you posted on what the doctor says.
There's not much else going on with him. He's very happy to have Daddy home with us, as is Mommy. Our breastfeeding bill has been passed in both state houses, so it now goes to governor for signing. Now that that's over with, Mommy will have more time and will be less stressed. And Aidan will be much happier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment