Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Park

I called Jason as I was leaving work and he said that Aidan's teacher told him that Aidan was outside all day and did not want to come inside. Jason told me to meet him at the park. When I got to the park I saw Aidan sliding down a big kids' slide with Daddy's help. He was able to walk up the slide from the bottom! We were amazed! I know that the last time he was on a slide (maybe it was the one at Rebecca's park in Houston) he tried to climb up it but wasn't able to do it. As early as September in San Francisco he attempted to climb up a slide but was never able to do it. I wondered then if he was just trying different stuff or if he'd seen other kids do it. Today he was zipping up the slide, turning around, and sliding back down. It was sort of a good thing since he can't climb the stairs!

On the swings he enjoyed going really high. Jason and I took turns being in front or back of him. We both wanted to opportunity to see his face since he was smiling so big! We also teeter-tottered, ran around the ball diamond, played with a dog, watched some big kids play basketball, and freaked Mommy out by picking up things like cigarette butts, juice boxes, and old french fries. All in all, it was so much fun!

No comments: