Thursday, March 23, 2006

Thursday Morning

Today Aidan learned that he inhereted his stubborness from Mommy. I let him play with the q-tips holder on the changing table because it kept him busy while I changed his diaper. When we were finished, he stood up, still holding the q-tips. I told him to leave them on the changing table and he lost it. I smiled and said, "That's fine. It's your choice. You can either put them down and then we can go or you can just hold them and we'll stay right here all morning." So then we had a stand-off. He insisted that he needed to go off someplace with the q-tips and I insisted that it was his choice. He could either stay where he was or give up the q-tips. He finally gave them up. Mommy is definitely more skilled at this game than he is. Later when we were about to leave he had his big popper, ready to take it with us. I explained that he could take his little duck but not his popper. We went through the same scenario and Mommy won yet again! He doesn't seem to get that I'm up to the challenge!

When we got to school I told him that Daddy was going on the airplane today and that Nana was going to come visit. He said, "Dada," then signed airplane, then said, "Nana." He was summarizing what I'd said the best way he could!

No comments: