We left this morning before Aidan woke up and it was hard not to wake him up kissing him all over. I did manage to give him a little peck on the head before I snuck out of bed to get in the shower. Personally, I like to leave a little later in the morning so that he can get up and see us before we just take off. Jason, of course, wants to leave super early in the morning and then get back super late on our return so that he can get every second in. I think this is a man thing and I've decided that it's the same mechanism that makes him ask me why I'm bringing my breast pump. Well, let's see, if I don't take it then when I get back I won't have any milk left. Why are you taking your underwear?
Last night was sort of crazy. We had a lot to do as far as getting ready to go. Aidan was being really clingy and tired and generally toddler-like. It was difficult for all of us but Nana was a great help keeping him occupied while we worked toward getting things ready. We all finally got down to sleep later than usual, of course.
I was told that Aidan woke up this morning and immediately said, "Mama?" Nana told him Mama was gone on the airplane (he knows what this means b/c he's been on the airplane). He got a little sad and then asked for Daddy, after which he was told Daddy went on the airplane too. Then he just asked her to get up. They went out all day apparently, playing until they both, exhausted, went inside for lunch. Mom said that he was so tired from playing that he almost fell asleep in the highchair. I suppose they both took a little nap after that. Later they went back out and stayed out until 7 pm or so, after which they did the bath routine. When I spoke with her after the bath she said he was getting rather tired, I figure he's probably already in bed right now. It's 10 pm eastern time currently.
Jason and I, although we're enjoying our time together, miss him terribly. And it's only been the first day. So far we are having a decent time but it's hard when our boy isn't here to enjoy it with us. On the way here I read a magazine article about diving destinations and fantasized to Jason about how great it would be if we all got scuba certified after Aidan is 12 (that's the age that you can get certified) and we all went on scuba vacations. Jason and I have always wanted to scuba. How cool would that be as a family past time? Maybe in about 10 1/2 years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment