Saturday, April 01, 2006
The Kiss
Aidan did the cutest thing this morning. As I was leaving for work, Jason and Aidan were snacking in the kitchen. I stood in the doorway of the kitchen, near the back door and told Aidan, "Mommy has to go to work. Give Mommy a kiss." Ok, so Aidan is not a big kisser. I've worked with him and he knows how to do it, he just prefers not to. It's rare that he'll actually give a kiss. He walked over to me, grabbed my hand, and tried to lead me into the kitchen. I said, "No, Aidan, Mommy has to go to work. Say 'bye, bye.'" He waved big and said, "Bye, bye." I was a little disappointed and Jason moaned a little because Aidan didn't seem to care that I was leaving. And he seemed to know that he was affecting my emotions because he smiled a little as he looked away. So then I backed up toward the door and waved goodbye. As I was leaving I turned a little and said, "Mommy would really like a kiss right now." With that he ran toward me, laid a big kiss on me, then turned and ran back to his snack very proud to have made his mommy happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment