Saturday, April 15, 2006

A Special Basket

If you read yesterday's post you know that I was concerned about Aidan not getting the same candy as the other kids at school. Had we known/thought about it in advance, we would have supplied something for them. We will next time. His teachers said they felt bad for him and went out to get him a special basket. They couldn't find any candy without a peanut warning on it so they got him a stuffed animal. A duck that quacks! I guess they know how much he loves ducks too! It was so nice of them. I guess that's our future-- supplying snacks and special treats to ensure that he is always safe.

Today Jason has been working on taxes all day and Aidan has been waiting patiently to go out somewhere to have some fun. This morning, before we all knew that taxes would take so long, Jason told him they might go to the aquarium, but I think that's probably out at this point. I'm waiting to go to work until taxes are done too, we both hope he gets finished soon!

Last night went a little better at bedtime. Instead of leaving it all up to Jason I helped. I held Aidan in my arms, sang to him, and told him that the milk went "night, night." He cried some, listened to me sing some, and just pouted off to sleep. It's clear that he considers it his bonding time with Mommy, which is sort of sad when you think about it. We're taking away his "safe place" one nursing at a time. Hopefully we'll be able to find other special times and situations for bonding. Unfortunately, nursing and co-sleeping make it easy when you work as much as we do!

I'm a little concerned about how Aidan will do without us next week. Last October he did fine with Nana for the same number of days but this time he's a little older and a little more set in his ways. Plus at that time he was doing very well with sleeping. Maybe he'll sleep well for her. Sometimes babies wake up often when they don't have enough time with their parents. That wouldn't surprise me with Aidan. Not only are we very busy, Aidan has extra enthusiasm for being with us. Every moment of every day!

No comments: